Searching for the right Utah divorce attorney can be a taxing experience, but is nonetheless a crucial one. Quickly settling for an attorney is a simple mistake that many individuals who are pursuing a divorce make, which can have lasting negative consequences. Doing the proper research to get in touch with like-minded attorneys is essential for a successful divorce, and meeting with them face-to-face is the best way to ensure they’re an appropriate fit for your situation.
Many family law attorneys offer consultations where you can ask whatever questions you have, along with giving you the chance to learn a little bit more about how their practice operates. We’ve put together a list of 10 questions you can ask your divorce lawyer to get a good understanding as who they are as a person and if they are the right fit for you:
- Do you specialize in family law? How long have you been in practice?
- How do you feel about handling my case, and how long do you expect it to take?
- What is the firm’s policy for contacting? Do you prefer email, texting, or calling? How quickly do you reply to questions?
- Can I meet with other members of your team who will be working on my case?
- How do you charge (hourly, contingency, etc.)? What’s the estimated cost of my case?
- Do you have information on how I can reduce the cost of my divorce?
- What other costs do you believe will be necessary for my situation? (Private investigators, accountants, psychologists, etc.)
- Will you allow me to negotiate with my significant other directly?
- Based on what we’ve discussed thus far, how do you believe a judge would rule my case?
- Can you help me understand how to protect my personal finances and assets through this process best?
Speak With Lokken & Associates Today
Our team of experienced Utah family law attorneys at Lokken & Associates are dedicated to your success. Starting the next chapter in your life should be an exciting time, not a stressful one. Your needs are our top priority, and we want to be sure we’re there to help throughout the whole divorce process.
Give us a call today (801) 829-9783 to discuss your situation over a confidential consultation.